picu is a plugin for WordPress photographers, that makes the image selection process with clients a lot easier. After a photo shoot is done, instead of uploading the images to Dropbox or a similar service, the photographer uploads the images into a collection right inside WordPress on her own web server, and sends it to the client from there.
The client then receives a nice email on their end with a link to the collection. The gallery is very intuitive and lets the client very easily select which images they would like to have edited. After the client approves the selection, the photographer gets a notification via email. The list of file names can then be copied and pasted into Lightroom or any other image editor of choice to filter for the selected images and start post processing them right away.
Additionally, the picu collections can also be protected with a unique password, so clients need to enter a password to be able to see the images and start selecting.
With the use of a custom shortcode, it is possible to display a list of collections anywhere on the site, for example to build a “Client Area” page with all collections or individual pages for each client with the respective collections.
The main plugin is freely available on WordPress.org, and can be enhanced with premium add-ons that can be purchased on picu.io.
Picu Feature List
- Create collections of images
- Send them to your clients directly from within WordPress
- Get back a list of filenames with the selected images
- Password Protect your collection, if needed
- Choose between dark & light color theme for emails and client gallery
Picu Premium Features available through Add-Ons
- Selection Options: define how many images a client *needs* to select, to be able to approve a collection
- Import: Upload images through FTP and then import them directly from there (faster for huge amounts of images)
- Brand & Customize: add a logo and adjust the experience even further to match your branding
- Download: Adds a link to a ZIP file for clients to download the images from a collection
- Mark & Comment: Add comments and markers to individual images (Coming in August 2017)