How To Improve Landing Page Performance for WordPress
Building a landing page for a WordPress website has never been easier. Diversity of available tools, widgets, and plugins let you create a unique landing page that helps to attract potential customers’ attention.
However, to build a landing page with WordPress that performs well, you need more than just a visually appealing presentation. You should also pay attention to all other ways in which you can improve user experience, and have in mind all factors that motivate them to convert.
To help you ensure that your landing page performance is at the highest level, we plan to show you how to optimize the most critical aspects of a landing page. Also, you will come across the five essential strategies that help you convert your WordPress website visitors faster.
Strategy 1: Track Landing Page Metrics
To be able to realize how you can improve your landing page, you have to be aware of its actual performance. So, get to know what your landing page lacks and what type of changes does it needs. But for that, you have to keep track of its essential metrics consistently. These are:
- Traffic Source – which indicates how people find your site (direct, referral, search, or paid campaigns);
- Bounce Rate – which helps you see the percentage of visitors that leave your website after viewing a single page;
- Page Visits – which refers to the number of page views a visitor makes when visiting your website;
- Session Duration – shows you how much time visitors spend on your website within a single visit;
- Conversion Rate – shows the percentage of your website visitors that perform the action you want them to perform (buy a product, subscribe to your newsletter, etc.)
Suitable Plugin To Track Landing Page Metrics: Google Analytics
Representing one of the most attractive (yet free) tools for tracking website performance, Google Analytics offers a diversity of useful options. While you don’t have to use all of them, there are some essential features that you should pay attention to if you want to improve user experience as well as landing page performance on your WordPress website. These are:
- Traffic monitoring, provides you with valuable reports. These reports show the number of people visiting your website at different intervals and track trends in their visits’ dynamics. Besides, if your visitors come from other websites, you can quickly check where they come from, thanks to its possibility of tracking the referral traffic.
- Conversion tracking, which helps you monitor different aspects of conversions, including the timing, source, and many other valuable data. All you have to do to be able to monitor conversions this way is to set up the identified conversion spots for tracking in GA.
- Keyword reports, helps you track the exact words your visitors typed into their browsers to find your website. Plus, it helps you to create an adequate SEO strategy to improve your landing page visibility.
- Personalized dashboard, helps you choose the info you’ll be seeing first on your GA dashboard (for instance, the parameters of landing page performance), and can be exported in different formats, facilitating the sharing process.
How can Google Analytics plugin benefit landing page performance?
Google Analytics offers you detailed landing pages reports and allows you to answer incredibly important questions related to your landing page (and entire website) performance, such as:
- Is your landing page the most visited page on your website, and if not, where do the visitors land on?
- What type of content on your website drives traffic and does it drive conversions as well?
With such information at your disposal, you can change the impact of your landing page performance positively. Besides that, you can focus on the creation of content that brings results to your business, letting go of pages, calls-to-action, and content forms that waste your time. Not sure how to get started? Follow along with our easy Google Analytics quick guide to start tracking your landing page performance.
Strategy 2: Build Mobile-Friendly Landing Pages
Did you know that 79% of website visitors leave your website if it’s not mobile-friendly? Basically, there’s no room for questioning the importance of your landing page responsiveness. And luckily, WordPress comes with a large number of plugins that adapt your website to all types of mobile devices.
NOTE: Without a meaningfully built desktop landing page, it’s pretty likely that you won’t be able to create a well-performing mobile-friendly version of it. To expect great performance from the mobile version of your website, you should first get to know how to build landing pages for desktop.
So, once you get an engaging and actionable desktop version of your landing page, you can consider using different WordPress plugins to make it responsive, as well.
Suitable Plugins To Build Mobile-Friendly Landing Pages: Beaver Builder
What makes Beaver Builder a pretty convenient option for building a well-performing mobile-friendly landing page is the set of features it provides. Some of them are:
- Intuitive drag-and drop-interface with live front-end editing that offers total control over a page layout
- Convenient theme editing using WordPress Customizer
- Reusable templates and grandchild themes
- Shortcode and widget support
- Translation support
- Import and export features
- Basic and advanced editing modules, etc.
How can Beaver Builder plugin benefit landing page performance?
The most important benefit of the use of Beaver Builder is the fact that all content produced in this plugin is optimized for mobile viewing.
Besides, if at some point you decide to uninstall this plugin, that won’t impact the content created with its use. So, do not worry about redesigning anything or looking for new mobile optimization tools.
Finally, it fits completely with all types of WordPress themes, letting you adapt them for mobile devices in no time. Accordingly, it prevents your mobile visitors’ frustrations, helping you both improve user experience and optimize landing page performance.
If you don’t feel comfortable working with this specific plugin, it shouldn’t be difficult for you to find one that suits your needs. No matter whether you opt for Elementor, WP Bakery, or another one of the top WordPress page builder plugins, what matters the most is that you can create a satisfying landing page for your business with minimal effort.
Strategy 3: Remove Distractions
Rather than activating annoying pop-ups asking your website visitors to like your social media page or share your content online, you should engage your visitors with interesting content followed by social media share buttons.
This way, you not only provoke their genuine motivation to share your page but also remove striking distractions and prevent them from leaving.
Suitable Social Media Plugin To Eliminate Distractions: Social Media Feather
Social Media Feather is a highly customizable plugin that lets you get the most out of your social share buttons by offering attractive features, including:
- Social sharing and following widgets for all your posts and pages;
- Sharing and following on a diversity of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, Linkedin, Pinterest, etc.
- Full customization for titles, URLs and social icon skin sets;
- Minimalistic unobtrusive social bookmarks, etc.
How Can Social Media Feather Benefit Landing Page Performance
Apart from not slowing down your landing page and offering attractive yet unobtrusive social media buttons that can be easily adjusted to perfectly fit your landing page, Social Media Feather widgets can be placed anywhere on your website.
This plugin doesn’t impact your visitors’ experience unless they decide to use the social media bar to like and share your content or follow your page. That’s how this plugin ensures to improve the landing page performance. Plus, what makes it a way smarter option compared to other WordPress social media plugins with pop-ups and banners is that it frequently tends to increase the bounce rate.
Strategy 4: Optimize Landing Pages for Search Engines
If you’re still not aware of the importance of search engine optimization, let us ask you something. Would you rather have an average-looking landing page within the first five search results or an extraordinary website on the fifth page of the search results list?
Apparently, no matter how attractive landing page you’ve built and how engaging its content is, if it’s not optimized for search engines, it’s most likely very far away from its optimal performance. So, to optimize your landing page for search engines means to increase your visibility and help potential visitors reach your landing page faster.
Suitable Plugin To Optimize Landing Page For Search Engines: Yoast SEO
Available in both free and premium versions, Yoast SEO makes it easy for you to optimize your content for search engines even if you don’t know much about this process. It’s a highly convenient plugin comprising of incredibly useful features, and the free version includes:
- Content optimization for keywords and key phrases
- Explaining Google what your page refers to by adding schema.org data
- The option of manual monitoring of all pages, informing you if there is a need for changes in the optimization
- Google preview of your page and readability check based on the calculation of Flesch Reading Ease score
- Compatibility with both classic and block WordPress editors, etc.
While you don’t necessarily need the premium version as free Yoast lets you perform all the essential SEO actions, if you want to additionally improve your visibility and, therefore, landing page performance, you can also go for the premium version. This offers an even more thorough system with additional awesome features and some more advanced ones.
How Can Yoast SEO Benefit Landing Page Performance
Helping you deliver exceptional, well-targeted, and keyword-optimized landing page content, Yoast SEO increases your chances of being seen among search results. Having in mind that it includes an advanced readability analysis. Which makes your content more appealing while also helping you manage internal linking most efficiently.
Owing to thorough content optimization, Yoast SEO helps you not only make your landing page more visible to potential customers but also engage visitors and increase conversions.
Strategy 5: Real-Time Support To Boost Landing Page Conversions
Real-time support is one of the essential factors for your landing page success owed to the fact that it can significantly impact your visitors’ experience. A well-developed WordPress live chat plugin incredibly improves your landing page performance in more than one way.
- Capture leads providing instant 24/7 assistance
- Decrease bounce rate encouraging visitors to take the next step
- Provide a friendly and reliable vibe that will make visitors feel safe, etc.
So, practically speaking, if you add live chat to WordPress, you’re increasing your chances of creating trust-based relationships with landing page visitors, offering them the help they need.
However, once you decide to add live chat to WordPress, you should be careful when choosing the right one. While numerous may let you get in touch with website visitors, not all of them will positively impact your landing page performance.
Suitable WordPress Live Chat Plugin To Boost Landing Page Conversions: ProProfs Live Chat
One option is ProProfs Live Chat for WordPress. Thanks to its flawlessly developed interface, it has all you need to improve user experience and optimize your landing page. If you install ProProfs live chat plugin for WordPress, you get access to some excellent features, such as:
- Monitoring visitors’ behavior on your landing page in real-time
- Providing proactive chat support based on visitors’ behavior
- Canned responses for faster interaction and an instant chat routing system
- Chat ratings, feedback, and operators monitoring, to ensure optimal efficiency
- Valuable chat session reports and analytics
- Mobile support and integration-friendly software
With all these possibilities, you get an increased number of ways in which you can shape your visitors’ experience, and therefore, the efficiency of your landing page.
Of course, there are many plugins to choose from in this niche. For example, 3CX Live Chat would be another excellent option. The key different here is that 3CX is more of a traditional support and live chat plugin, so it does not monitor site visitor behavior and instead emphasizes visitor anonymity. It also offers the added benefits of on and offline message forms, chat logs, customizations and more.
How Does a Live Chat for WordPress Benefit Landing Page Performance?
Whether you choose ProProfs (or another plugin like 3CX) a live chat system represents an unobtrusive support system that’s completely at your customer’s convenience.
At the same time, it increases the cost-effectiveness of your support system. This eliminates the need for email support and phone calls.
Also, a live chat plugin will help you stop your customers from leaving the website. The WordPress live chat plugin allows your operators to get in touch with visitors and address their pain-points instantly. This approach significantly reduces the bounce rate and increases sales.
Finally, it offers you insights into different types of chat analytics. With access to such an analytics report, you get first-hand information about your website visitors’ impressions. This information helps you to improve both your support system and your landing page performance.
As you can see, if you want to increase website conversions and take your landing page performance to a higher level, you have to work on improving user experience.
Once you start meaningfully implementing any of the listed strategies, you will undoubtedly see some improvements in your website performance. However, if you want to take your user experience and landing page performance to a whole new level, we suggest combining all of the listed tips. Then enjoy the fantastic effects of their synergy!
I have site that need chat bot but i am not adding is because i suspect it will reduce users attention span.. should i add it
I think it depends on your site’s needs. For example, chatbots aren’t something we’d consider for WPExplorer since we’re just a blog. We love providing informative content for our readers, but we don’t offer one-on-one help at this time. But they’re great for online shops – it’s a fast and cost effective way to offer customers quick help.