- 1. How to Install WordPress in Five Minutes (or Less) Using Bluehost
- 2. How to Get Started With the WordPress Dashboard (In 4 Simple Steps)
- 3. An Introduction to WordPress Themes and Plugins (Plus How to Install Them)
- 4. Awesome Page Builder Plugins to Simplify Your WordPress Design Process
- 5. Vital Security Tips for WordPress to Increase Your Website’s Safety
- 6. How to Create Your First WordPress Page and Post
- 7. When to Use WordPress Post Formats Vs. Custom Post Types
- 8. Best WordPress Backup Plugins for Your Website
- 9. How to Integrate Google Analytics with WordPress (and Why You’d Want to)
- 10. How to Use Yoast SEO to Bolster Your Search Engine Rankings (3 Simple Tips)
- 11. Best Plugins to Add a Contact Page to Your WordPress Site
- 12. Simple Tools to Build Your Newsletter Subscriber List with WordPress
- 13. Currently Reading: Social Media WordPress Plugins to Grow Your Audience
- 14. How to Make Money with Google Adsense and WordPress
- 15. Top Tools to Build an Online Store with WordPress
Using social media to grow your website’s audience can seem like a daunting task. This is especially true when you feel as if you barely have enough time to run your website, not to mention a social media marketing campaign.
Fortunately, with WordPress’s wide array of plugins, you don’t have to worry about social media becoming a time sink. Instead, you can easily connect your WordPress website to your various profiles, and integrate them further. This will prove beneficial for audience growth, as it will enable you to easily keep your visitors in the loop regardless of whether they actually visit you on a specific platform.
In this post, we’re going to explain why you should connect your website to your social media networks. Then, we’ll introduce you to five recommended plugins for doing so and the features they have to offer. Let’s get started!
Why You Should Connect Your Website and Social Media Networks
Regardless of the site you’re building, the importance of social media marketing for growing your audience cannot be overstated. In fact, make a good job of it, and your marketing campaigns can increase your readership significantly.
However, effective campaigns take time and patience to implement. Even if you’re short on both, you can get off to a great start by connecting your networks with your website. This has a variety of benefits, but the two most notable are:
- Improving communication with your readers.
- A potential increase in your audience, as your posts can be more easily shared.
Fortunately, this connection is possible with the help of WordPress plugins. They can make social media integration seamless, and they also offer a variety of functions you may not have previously considered.
5 Social Media Plugins for Growing Your Audience
While this list isn’t exhaustive, it does include great FREE options to get you started. We’ve selected these plugins carefully: only those with four-star and above ratings, in addition to positive overall reviews, have made the list. Let’s dig in!
1. Social Sharing (Free)
Social Sharing is a plugin that simply connects your social media profiles with your website. This is great if you’re looking to make it easy for readers to access your profiles and share your latest posts.
One of this plugin’s greatest benefits is its versatility. You can add icons before or after your blog posts, as a floating bar, or almost anywhere else you like via shortcodes. Additionally, you can combine features within one icon. This means readers can visit your profile or like and share a post directly from your site.
Social Sharing is a free plugin, and this version includes its entire array of features. However, you can upgrade to a separate premium plugin – USM Premium to enjoy a more varied selection of icons and badges.
2. Jetpack (Freemium)
Jetpack is a multipurpose plugin developed by Automattic. It includes many features such as site security, page caching, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) options, but incorporates aspects of social media functionality too.
The most basic use of Jetpack for social media includes automatic sharing of your blog posts across your profiles (including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn). Additionally, you can add Facebook, Google, or Twitter to login to your blog comments section, and also add various feeds to your website sidebar.
While the free version will be good enough for most people, you can upgrade starting from $39 per year. This will incorporate Facebook Ads functionality, and also provide you with SEO tools for Facebook and Twitter (among other additions).
3. Custom Facebook Feed (Freemium)
Custom Facebook Feed is a feed integration plugin that enables you to add your personal or business Facebook feed to your website.
With this plugin, you can display feeds from different pages and groups throughout your site. Each feed is optimized for mobile devices, and they’re even crawlable by search engines. Setup is a breeze too (making this an excellent choice for beginners), and post caching means lightning fast loading times.
If you need more functionality than this, there’s a premium version that enables you to filter displayed posts, display photos and videos, and incorporate comments and reactions (though we think the free version is perfectly suited for most bloggers).
4. Twitter (Free)
Twitter, developed by WebLizar, is an intuitive and adaptive plugin that enables you to display a Twitter feed widget on your website.
With Twitter, you can fully customize the viewing experience for your readers, and incorporate different aspects of the social media platform onto your website. This includes the ability to show and hide tweet replies, auto expand photos, and add a Follow button directly to the widget. If you’re an active Twitter user, this could be the Twitter feed plugin you’ve been looking for.
Twitter is a free plugin, and if you need some assistance, you can get free support through the plugin’s dedicated forum.
5. Social Media Auto Post & Scheduler (Freemium)
Social Media Auto Post & Scheduler is a comprehensive plugin that gives you the ability to share, auto-post, re-publish, and schedule blog posts to your various social media accounts.
This plugin incorporates the top four social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest), in addition to LinkedIn, Google+, Reddit, and more. One of the plugin’s standout features is that it enables you to tailor your posts for each platform. You can also keep track of your posts with a dedicated dashboard. For those trying to juggle their time, this makes sharing content across your platforms simple and quick.
The free version includes automation, cross posting, and post customization. However, they do offer a premium version of the plugin which includes scheduling and multiuser functionality fora price.
Regardless of the focus of your website, you always want to ensure that your audience stays engaged and your readership is constantly growing. In addition, you’ll want to do this in as little time as possible. Fortunately, connecting your social media accounts with your website is an easy way to do all those things.
In this post, we’ve offered a look at five WordPress plugins that enable you to integrate your social media profiles with your website. To quickly recap:
- Social Sharing: A plugin that offers a simple way for your site’s readers to share your blog posts.
- Jetpack: A multipurpose plugin with surprisingly in-depth social media features, such as automatic blog post sharing.
- Custom Facebook Feed: This plugin makes it easy to incorporate your Facebook feed almost anywhere on your website.
- Twitter: A plugin that brings a customizable Twitter feed directly to your website.
- Social Media Auto Post & Scheduler: This plugin keeps your social media followers up-to-date on your blog’s latest happenings.
Which of these plugins interests you, and why? Let us know in the comments section below!