Pytheas is a fully responsive/fluid WordPress theme for corporate, business, portfolio style websites. Built without clutter and with a minimal design its a great solution for either small websites or as a starter theme for a more “graphical” or elegant theme. I’ve tried to keep the options to a minimal which still providing some flexibility, you’ll notice things like the WordPress custom background, custom header and menu system are all supported by the theme.
This theme includes the wpml-config.xml file required for the WPML plugin to easily translate your theme options. It also includes a default .po and .mo file so you can easily and quickly translate the theme into your native language.
Share your translation! If you translate the theme into your language we would love it if you shared your translation with others! You can use our Bug Report form to submit your translated files for inclusion with the theme (we’ll add a little mention as well in a txt file). Thank you!
Pytheas Theme General Setup
- Install the theme on your site like any other WP theme – either via FTP or WP
- Download and install recommended plugins
- Create a new page for your homepage
- Create a blank page for the your standard posts (blog)
- Go to Settings->Reading and select “Static Page” for the first option then define your homepage for “front page” and the blog page for “posts page”.
- Add your content
Adding Icons To Your Menu
To add icons simply add the font awesome span to your menu item label. You can find a list of the classes on the FontAwesome website.
Pytheas WordPress Theme Features
- Custom header, custom menus and custom background
- Built-in theme options panel using the Options Framework
- Responsive design
- Social options
- Font Awesome support
- Portfolio custom post type
- Services custom post type
- Slider custom post type
- Portfolio & Service sliders
- Built-in support for Yoast SEO breadcrumbs
- Basic Form Styling & support for Contact Form 7
- Full-width template
- Widgetized sidebar and footer
- Localized .mo and .po files
- Sample Data .xml file (premium version)