Meet the new and improved Portafolio WordPress Theme. This awesome free theme was created with portfolio sites in mind but it also makes for an awesome business theme or a simple blogging theme. The minimal layout puts all the focus on your work and how great you are making it an excellent option for photographers and freelancers alike.
The homepage of Portafolio is awesome. It’s creating using the Slides custom post type. Simply create new slides and set their featured images. You can also include captions and link your slides to any page you wish (or you can always just show the image). The 3 blocks below the slider are the Features custom post type. You can add anything you want here using the regular WP post editor and you can have unlimited amount of these sections. It’s perfect for talking about your features, extra images or whatever else. The last homepage section grabs the latest posts from your portfolio automatically and shows them on your homepage. To change the number of recent items displayed, just update the count in your Theme Options Panel (under Appearance > Theme Options > General). You can easily take out the code from your index.php if you don’t want it.
Custom Portfolio Taxonomy
The Portafolio theme comes with a custom post type for the portfolio so you can easily add portfolio items. You can create an unlimited amount of portfolio categories and by default the portfolio page and portfolio category pages will list your categories so your visitors can easily browse through them. The theme also displays related items below your portfolio posts (you can change the number of related items displayed from the Admin Panel).
Custom Image Gallery Manager
Portafolio now also includes an awesome built-in image gallery manager. This makes it super easy to add and remove images from your portfolio galleries. Just click to add any images you want from your media library (or upload new images). You can even drag and drop the images into the order your want. To remove an image simply click on the red x. This makes maintaining your galleries a breeze!
Portafolio also comes with a full blog section that supports the regular WP posts so you can run your blog. It has author bio sections, awesome threaded comments, related posts, widgetized sidebar and a very clean and minimal layout that matches your site. No need to have a separate blog that doesn’t match your business/portfolio.
Quick Setup Guide
- Download, Install and activate the theme
- Create a new page to be used for your homepage and select the “Homepage” template.
- Go to Settings->Reading and set this new page as the static homepage option. Leave where it says “Posts page:” empty (so it says – Select – )
- Create a new page and select the “Blog” template, this will display all your standard posts.
- Click on “Slides” on the left of your dashboard to create your homepage slider. Each post is 1 slide and the “featured image” is what is used for the slide image.
- Click on “Portfolio” on the left of your dashboard to create your portfolio items. Be sure to set a featured image for each one or they won’t display on your site.
- Click on “Features” on the left of your dashboard. These are used to create those columns you see under the slider on the demo homepage.
- Go to Appearance->Customize. Here you will find a few options for your theme.
- Enjoy! And don’t forget to send me tweet @WPExplorer telling me how much you love my theme!
Portafolio WordPress Theme Features
- Responsive layout
- Clean and minimal design
- Custom post types
- Unlimited portfolio categories
- Blog section
- Widget ready
- Admin panel
- Custom logo option
- Homepage portfolio count option
- Related portfolio items count option
- Google Analytics option
- Symple Shortcodes compatible
- Contact Form 7 compatible
- Quick loading design/code
- Easy to use, manage and customize
- Awesome theme author!