If you’re like me, you probably set aside a significant portion of your website’s budget for promotional activities. After all, the 80-20 rule says that 80 percent of our time and effort should be spent on promoting our content (hint: this is where YouTube WordPress plugins can help).
Let’s say you spent 50 dollars on Facebook Ads to get people to visit your landing page or blog post. But somehow, the bounce rates are just too high! People seem leave even before they are halfway through the page!
We’re not alone. In a world where digital content is produced at an explosive pace, it is difficult to get people’s attention. But there’s one holy grail that seem to get the attention of today’s folks – and that’s video content.
With the right video content, your bounce rate decreases and people tend to spend more time on your site watching the video and eventually increase your conversions. When we include videos in our blog content, our readers are more likely to stick through and watch the video. If the video solves their problem, they are much more inclined to share it. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best YouTube WordPress plugins.
1. ELEX WordPress Embed YouTube Video Gallery
Add your Youtube channel videos to your WordPress site the easy way, with the ELEX WordPress Embed YouTube Video Gallery plugin. It integrates with the youTube API to make syncing your videos on your WordPress site easy. Just use the plugin’s options to pull videos for your entire channel, according to playlist or to add just specific videos. You can also customize the look of your video gallery using the included settings for pagination type, button styling, hover animation, channel subscribe button and more.
But that’s not all – the ELEX WordPress Embed YouTube Video Gallery plugin is also fully compatible with WooCommerce. So you can add YouTube videos to the beginning or end of your product galleries to really show off your products. Plus, there is an ELEX WordPress Embed YouTube Video Gallery Free Version you can try right now to decide if the premium version might be right for you!
- Support for individual videos, playlists and channels
- Integrates with YouTube API
- Allows for auto-sync to add new videos to your website as they are published
- Enable (or disable) video information for description, likes, comments, views, etc.
- Customize layout with pagination, shadows, buttons style, hover animation, and more
- Optional WooCommerce integration for product gallery
2. FancyTube Youtube Video Gallery
Quickly and easily add YouTube videos to your WordPress site with the FancyTube Video Gallery plugin from Pluginic. This powerful plugin is ready to go – simply install and set your API key, then you’re ready to choose a video source and make customizations. Pull video feeds from your channel and playlist, or connect to a live stream. The Video Gallery is also responsive, includes pre-made gallery templates, offers 5 display variations, and more. Plus the included shortcode generator makes it simple to add your video galleries on the fly as you create WordPress posts and pages.
And as a bonus, FancyTube also offers a free Video Gallery & Slider for Youtube that you can try out as well. While not as advanced as their Video Gallery plugin, this free one still has lots of helpful features for adding Youtube videos to WordPress.
- Automatically add videos from a channel, playlist or livestream
- Multiple display options for gallery, grid, playlist, slider, or button
- Design templates included for dynamic video galleries
- Use advanced queries for gallery settings including video count, order, duration, time range and more
- Built-in customization options for typography
- Well documented and 24/7 dedicated customer support team
3. YouTube Embed Plus (Freemium)
YouTube Embed Plus is one of the most popular YouTube plugins with over 200,000+ active installations. With this plugin, you can create YouTube channel or playlist galleries with multiple customization options. Add auto play, automatically embed live streams, customize video start settings, create functional accessibility evaluation (FAE) ready content and more.
- Create responsive YouTube channel and playlist galleries
- Add channel subscription button to the ones above gallery thumbnails
- Localization support
- Pro version supports lazy loading of YouTube videos
4. YouTube Widget by Tagembed
YouTube Widget WordPress Plugin is another amazing WordPress plugin that helps you to embed YouTube videos on WordPress website. The coding-free plugin is easy to operate. And by following some simple and manageable steps, you can easily add Youtube videos to your WordPress website. Moreover, you can also excess some of the features from the plugin that eventually helps you extract maximum benefits from the platform.
- Customizable widget enabling you to make desired modifications
- Card curve modifications
- Filter & Moderations
- Responsive widget
- Custom CSS
- Card Style customization
- Custom CTA
- Custom Post
5. Essential Grid (Premium)
If you want to integrate a grid of your YouTube videos one of the best YouTube WordPress plugins for the job that the Essential Grid. This all-in-one grid building solution for your WordPress website makes it easy to integrate YouTube videos on any post or page as a styled grid (along with other content formats such as blog, pricing, portfolio, sliders, etc). The plugin also includes a live skin editor so you can quickly edit the look of your YouTube media grid composition, layout, colors and more.
- Supports Youtube, Vimeo, self-hosted video, iFrames, images, posts, pages, custom post types, WooCommerce, and galleries
- Visual skin editor
- Built-in animation types and pre-loaders
- Responsive & mobile optimized
- Premium support
6. YouTube Showcase – Video Gallery
YouTube Showcase enables you to build responsive gallery pages filled with YouTube videos. You can build a video gallery page where the subsequent videos are shown below the original video with pagination. You can also build a video grid gallery where the videos are shown in a four-column grid layout. This plugin is great for showcasing multiple related videos such as an online course, how-to video series and product demo and application videos.
- Ability to build two separate video galleries – basic video gallery and video grid gallery
- Set custom the thumbnail aspect ratio of videos – choose either 16:9 or 4:3
- Sidebar widgets to showcase recent and featured videos
- Pagination option available for longer video series
7. Flow Flow Social Stream (Premium)
Flow-Flow is one of the top social stream plugins for WordPress, and best of all it supports multiple video sources – Youtube, Vimeo and even Instagram. This plugin is a quick and easy way to add you recent videos to ant post or page. Just sync your account then add your YouTube channel stream with the included shortcodes (or WPBakery page builder element). That’s it! All of your new videos will be automatically added to your WordPress site when you post them.
- Integrate videos from YouTube, Vimeo and Instagram
- Supports all major social networks (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Compatible with the WPBakery page builder plugin
- CSS3 Transformations and lightbox galleries
- Responsive design
- Translation ready
8. Youtube Video Gallery for WPBakery (Premium)
The YouTube Video Gallery plugin was specifically created as an add-on for the WPBakery page builder (which means it’ bea a great compliment to any WPBakery compatible theme, like Total). With this plugin you can quickly and easily insert individual videos, channel feeds or even your playlists. There are built-in options for columns, pagination, grid style, lists, carousels, image cropping, likes counters and much more.
- Add-on for the WPBakery Visual Composer
- Built-in advertising options
- Responsive and retina ready
- Grid and pagination customization options
9. Advanced Responsive Video Embedder
In most cases, we want our visitors to view the product video and then scroll down to read the actual content – which could be the blog post, or the landing page copy. Correct?
However in WordPress, YouTube videos are embedded using the default oEmbed solution. In which case, YouTube ends up showing related videos after the original video finishes playing. This tends to distract the users by showing them funny cat videos, right after they’ve seen your Long Tail SEO product pitch video. (I’m speaking from personal experience haha!)
We really don’t want that now, do we? The Advanced Responsive Video Embedder stops that from happening by preventing YouTube oEmbed from showing related videos. The plugin also includes features for embeds in the classic editor or Gutenberg, autoplay, max width, alignment etc.
- Prevents related YouTube videos from showing up after original video is played
- Allows you to specify the video title, description and date for SEO
10. YouTube Embed (Freemium)
YouTube Embed WordPress brings you tons of enhancements and customization options when embedding YouTube videos to WordPress.
For starters, you can embed videos in post, pages and custom post types. You can also get creative and embed YouTube videos in widgetized areas such the site header, custom sidebars and footers (although I cannot think of a website that would use a video in its footer! Can you?)
The premium version of the plugin includes features such as hiding related related videos from showing up at the end of the video, setting options for individual videos, etc.
- Display videos in posts, pages, custom post types and widgetized areas
- Configure default options such as player dimensions, fullscreen, annotation and caption options
- Customize player progress bar colour for brand consistency
11. Youtubeify – YouTube Auto Post (Premium)
Are you primarily a YouTuber, but want to promo your videos on your own blog? No problem! The Youtubeify – YouTube Auto Post plugin will automatically import your latest YouTube videos to your WordPress site as posts. Import videos according to user, channel, id or custom query. You have the option to either bulk import, paginate or schedule to keep your WordPress posts up to date with your channel.
- Automatically create WordPress posts from your YouTube videos
- Bulk import or schedule
- Check for broken or removed videos
- Supports video rich snippets
12. YourChannel: YouTube Channel
YourChannel will help you display a customized version of a YouTube channel in WordPress. To get started, you’ll need to obtain your copy of YouTube API key, username and channel ID and save them in the plugin’s settings. Then, you can configure multiple configuration settings such as using a lightbox video player or enabling/disabling features such as displaying banner image, playlists, total videos, views, and many more.
- Ability to selectively display multiple elements such as channel info, subscriber/video count, playlists, channel banner image, etc.
- Visual builder that works with a shortcode
- Display video thumbnails in seven different styles, all of which are responsive
What makes a good YouTube WordPress plugins? Well, to answer that question, you would have to ask “What is it that I need?” Different people have different requirements from a particular type of product. That’s why there are more than 10+ YouTube WordPress plugins actively developed under the “YouTube for WordPress” category.
Hopefully you’ve found our list of the 10+ best YouTube WordPress plugins helpful. Just take a minute to choose the right plugin for you. I would strongly recommend not choosing a plugin with ten features, out of which you’ll be using only one. Write down what is it that you’re trying to achieve with the plugin. Once you’ve settled on your requirements, go through the list and select a plugin that meets your criteria.
Did we miss out on an important plugin? Are you a developer and would like to see your plugin up on this list? Let us know in the comments!