Theme Info & Details
WordPress is one of the most popular CMS (Content Management System) options on the internet these days. Around 26.6% of websites are made with WordPress.
Even if WordPress is known for being a secure CMS, sometimes hackers do find vulnerabilities. Most site owners don’t know that the biggest risk comes from the installed plugins and themes. You obviously need to be careful with them, as plugin vulnerabilities represented 55.9% of the known entry points reported by respondents.
One way to protect your website is with Hide My Wp URLs – a great WordPress Security plugin that gives you the option to change and hide all the WordPress common paths. What’s usually meant by “hiding WordPress” is that you’re attempting to obscure the fact that your site runs on WordPress from any person or bot that attempts to identify the CMS.
By hiding WordPress, you don’t physically change the paths of the CMS. Basically, the known paths from WordPress are virtually renamed and this will protect the real ones.
Is hiding my WordPress a solution? Yes, it is. The majority of hacking attempts are made by bots, and you may be able to prevent hacker bots by hiding your WordPress paths: wp-content, wp-include, plugins, themes, etc. Just by changing the main paths, you may be able to protect your website against things like brute-force attacks, SQL-injection, and requests to your PHP files.
Hide my Wp URLs is tested and works well with most WordPress Themes and Plugins. Plus the plugin is optimized for speed, with an average loading time of 0.03s (faster than 90% of WP plugins). The plugin also comes with extra features to increase the WordPress speed by disabling unused WordPress functions like Emoji, API and more. Plus it does lots more – just see the list below!
Hide My WordPress Plugin Features
- Change/Hide WordPress wp-admin URL
- Change/Hide WordPress wp-login.php
- Add custom /wp-admin and /wp-login URL
- Add custom /wp-includes path
- Add custom /wp-content path
- Random plugins names (WP Multisite support)
- Random themes name (WP Multisite support)
- Add custom /wp-content/uploads path
- Add custom /wp-content/plugins path
- Add custom author path
- Add custom comment URL
- Add custom category and tags paths
- Hide wp-image and wp-post classes
- Hide Emojicons if you don’t use them
- Disable Rest API access
- Disable Embed scripts
- Disable WLW Manifest scripts
- Support for WordPress Multisite
- Support for Nginx servers
- Support for IIS servers
- Support for LiteSpeed servers
- Support for Apache servers