Theme Info & Details
Let’s imagine you’re the owner of Joomla website and you’ve got a lot of data there. One day you discovered WordPress and new prospects for a personal growth there. You decided to move all the content from your existing Joomla website to WordPress. Is there a way to do it maximum painlessly and quickly? You may think.
The answer is ‘YES’. And the Automated Joomla to WordPress data migration plugin developed by CMS2CMS could be that answer that you’ve already found.
Only 6 quick steps divide you from moving Joomla based website data to WordPress, and these are:
- Download the plugin and install/activate it on your new WordPress website
- Create a CMS2CMS account
- Provide your existing Joomla website URL address
- Download The Connection Bridge zip file (a script created to connect your existing and new websites), extract the ‘cms2cms’ folder which is located inside of the zip file’
- Upload the extracted folder to the root folder of your existing Joomla website (where ‘index.php’ file is located) via FTP client software
- After everything is set, click ‘Verify Connection’
Why is the Automated Joomla to WordPress data migration plugin worth your attention? Simple. First of all you can perform a free demo migration to preview the migration results first. Plus you can select which content items and where you want to move them from Joomla to WordPress.
Best of all – there’s no need to code and spend days of manual content migration from Joomla. You can migrate your website to WordPress in as little as a few minutes with the Automated Joomla to WordPress data migration plugin!
What this plugin can move from Joomla
- Articles > Pages or Posts
- Intro Images > Featured Images
- Categories > Categories
- Tags > Tags
- Menu, its items > Menu and Menu Items
- Users and Users Groups > Users and Users Roles
- Custom Fields (from Joomla 3.7 only) > Custom Fields
- Migration of SEO friendly URLs from Joomla to WordPress
- Content images migration
- Automated 301 Redirects from Joomla URLs to WordPress URLs
- Stay tuned for more