Theme Info & Details
Closed Beta is a great WordPress plugin created by Dev7Studios that allows your to test out your WordPress creations on a targeted and authorized group of users. This is extremely helpful when testing out new WordPress themes, WordPress plugins or even when building a brand new website.
What makes Closed Beta better than other “coming soon” type plugins? That’s easy. Closed Beta gives you the ability to create you site and then allow specific users to access it for testing. When a user isn’t logged in they see a screen to request access. From the WordPress dashboard you can keep track of who has applied for access, which users have been given approval, and which users you’ve already denied.
The plugin includes some easy to use options to customize the main splash page users see when not logged in. You can add a custom welcome message and button text, add a background color or image, and customize the link colors. You can also change the settings to restrict access to specific user roles (and higher). For example, if you checkout the Closed Beta demo you’ll notice that access is set to Subscribers, so any user with a role of subscriber and above (e.g. Admins) would have access to the full site.
This is a great tool for developers and web designers. With Closed Beta you can work an a project and collect input from other users without having to make your website live to the whole world or having to give admin roles to all of your users. Take a look at more plugin features below.
Closed Beta WordPress Plugin Features
- Closed Beta Testing Environment
- Pending, Approved & Denied User Lists
- Enable/Disable Closed Beta Mode
- Custom Splash Page Title & Tagline
- Custom Welcome Message
- Custom Username & Email Field Labels
- Custom Button Text
- Background Color & Image Support
- Background Image Options (style & Position)
- Unlimited Link Color Options
- Splash Page Overlay Color (Behind Text)
- Limit Access By User Role
- Enable/Disable Feeds
- Enable/Disable Trackbacks
- Enable/Disable XMLRPC Publishing
- Developer Template Customization