The Sidebar and Widget Manager WordPress plugin is available on CodeCanyon, and is a great way to widgetize any page to create custom layouts.
You can use the plugin to insert any number of widgets to create the exact layout you want on a page. Further customize your website by adding custom sidebars virtually anywhere. The plugin gives you the option to insert sidebars for vertical or horizontal widgets, the sidebars can be set to appear only with specific types of content, and the sidebars also immediately and automatically recognize any custom taxonomies (great if you want one of your widgets to show posts with a certain tag or category).
Another great feature is the included shortcode to insert a custom sidebar into your post. This way you can add widgets directly into your post. You can also use the plugin to replace a sidebar that came wit your WordPress theme, or even to customize the widgets in the footer. This plugin give you complete control over the appearance and visibility of pretty much all the widgetized areas on your site. Checkout more plugin features below!
Sidebar & Widget Manager Plugin Features
- Widgetize any page
- Drag and drop widgets
- Choose to show/hide widgets on each page
- Vertical or horizontal widget options
- Easy column interface
- Unlimited sidebars
- Custom sidebars – have different content on each page
- No coding
- Easy and intuitive
- Fits core WordPress design
- Optimized for large or small WP installations
- Supports: pages, page templates, posts, post types, taxonomies, WP service pages (404, homepage, search, etc)