ShortPixel is an image compression plugin that just works: install it and then forget about it.
With over 20,000 active installs according to WordPress it is a popular choice for those that are aware of the importance of having optimized images on their site.
It is an important factor for SEO to have a site that loads fast and the images are generally the largest resource on any given site.
ShortPixel’s powerful algorithms make sure the images (JPEGs, PNGs and GIFs) and PDFs are resized and optimized properly. This leads to faster websites that Google loves! Not to mention its a better user experience for the visitors 🙂
ShortPixel can not only resize and compress your site’s older images/PDFs but it also automatically does the same for each new image you add on your site. Thus you just need to install the plugin, configure it and then forget about it. It will just do its magic in the background while you work on your other things on your site.
ShotPixel Image Optimizer Plugin Features
- Supports PNG, JPG, GIF (still and animated) images and PDF documents
- Thumbnails and featured images are also optimized
- Keep or remove EXIF data
- Backup/restore function available
- Bulk Optimization: optimize all the past images with a single click
- Multisite support with a single API key
- Compatible with WP Engine hosted websites
- Compatible with WPML and WPML Media plugins
- Works great for eCommerce websites using WooCommerce plugin
- Free version available for download at WordPress.org
- Premium support by the developers