If e-learning has stood the test of time and proved to be one of the best methods of dispensing education today, it is due to the many robust platforms for the creation, development, and management of courses available, the foremost of which is LearnDash.
While you might be aware of the many different functionalities LearnDash comes equipped with, we are here to talk specifically about how one can create and assign the Instructor user role to a fellow teacher. Ordinarily, LearnDash lets only admins create courses and manage student enrollments; if you do not intend to design and conduct all the courses yourself, you as the site owner need to assign the ‘Admin’ user role to everybody whom you intend to let teach.
Logistical nightmare aside, you cannot escape the fact that you are opening up your entire site completely, to near strangers. The Instructor Role plugin addresses and eliminates this very problem, by adding the ‘Instructor’ user role to your register.
This user role empowers the user to create, manage, and sell courses independently, without permitting access to the other sections of your website. It effectively limits the privileges of the Admin, while enhancing those of an Author. As an Instructor, the user can:
Create Courses, Lessons, and Topics
– Manage Student enrollments
– Conduct Quizzes, Assignments, In-Course Examinations
– Award certificate’s, badges, and use other reinforcement options
– Email students regarding course updates or reminders
– Generate Course progress reports for his/her students
What an Instructor cannot do is:
– Read, Edit, or Modify any other Instructor’s courses
– Publish course material without Admin approval
– Add other Instructors to the site
– Modify other sections like Blogs, Pages, Posts, on the website
The Instructor Role plugin for LearnDash is also compatible with Easy Digital Downloads and WooCommerce, which lets you and your fellow teachers sell courses on the site too. The plugin lets you set a percentage commission, cut from the Instructor’s sales, which you receive for hosting the course. In other words, you can efficiently set up a course marketplace on your site using the plugin, categorizing courses by subject matter, student favorites, and more.
The Instructor Role plugin keeps you in the driving seat at all times, as you have the final say on all your Instructors’ uploads unless you tweak the settings to be otherwise.
Instructor Role for LearnDash is a premium plugin, developed by WisdmLabs, and has different pricing plans for single and multiple sites.
The Instructor Role plugin balances the teachers’ autonomy and your control perfectly and enables you to easily assign practically all the capabilities of course creation and sale, without endangering your website in the slightest!
Instructor Role Extension Features
- Instructors can create courses
- Admin can set commissions for each Instructor
- Instructors can create topics
- Integration with Easy Digital Downloads.
- Integration with WooCommerce
- Instructors can create lessons & quiz
- They can approve assignments
- Email students from admin panel
- Export Course data
- Certificate creation capability