GeotargetingWP is not just a plugin. It’s a geolocation API that serves to multiple plugins such as Geotargeting Pro and Geo Redirects.
How does it work? All the plugins of the GeotargetingWP family consume the API when they need to find the user location. So for example if a user only need to geotarget content or redirect users in one page, only the visits to that page will consume credits. Not only that, if a bot or crawler is the one visiting the page the API won’t be called at all. That’s the main difference with competitors, the authors of GeotargetingWP do really care for our users credits.
GeotargetingWP also has a cache mode for users that geotarget their entire website, so users only consume credits on the first page their visit while consequent views are loaded from cache.
And talking about cache, page cache is the worst enemy of geotargeting plugins on the market. The developers partnered and made our plugin fully compatible with Wp Rocket and they also offer AJAX mode to make them work with the rest of cache plugins in the market.
GeotargetingWP was created different price options depending on user usage so it ended being for most users less expensive than the old model. For those users with millions of hits a month that API was not a choice so the plugin developers launched a subscription plan where they pay a flat amount for the plugin usage and they can use their own premium databases from different services such as Maxmind or Ip2Location.
GeotargetingWP Plugin Features
Geotarget all the content of a WordPress site such but not limited to:
- Menu items
- Entire Posts or pages
- Woocommerce or any other ecommerce products
- Visual composer elements
- Parts of contents by using shortcodes or php functions
- Geo redirects
- Geotarget by city, states, countries or create custom regions ( groups of cities,countries, etc)
- Compatible with Popups plugin by Timersys
- Compatible with WpRocket plugin
- Ajax mode that let it work with any page cache plugin
- Compatible with Advanced custom fields v4 and v5
- Dropdown widget to let users change their location
- Premium accuracy