Last week I released a new commercial theme called Epsilon over on ThemeForest. This theme is a portfolio/blog style theme that was built for those seeking a simple solution for their site. Whether you want a place to showcase your work or just run a basic blog (either in masonry or standard layout) the theme would work great. The homepage is setup very easily (see the video) and everything is done via theme options and posts (no complicated page builders and no shortcodes).View Theme Demo
Below are a couple videos showing you how to setup the homepage and how to add your portfolio items. This way you can see how quick and easy you can setup a site for your own portfolio or a client’s.
As you can see, setting up the homepage is quick and hassle free. No need to remember any shortcodes and each homepage section is completely optional so if you don’t want a slider or the testimonials you don’t need to have them.
Creating your portfolio is also very simple. All you really need to do is upload a featured image give your post some content (if you wish) and publish. The homepage will automatically show your latest items as well as your portfolio template. Of course there are some more advanced options if you do wish to create image sliders, add videos to the posts or add a little bit of info for each item.
Main Theme Features
- Responsive Layout (can be turned off if you’d prefer)
- Basic homepage slider
- Homepage testimonial slider
- Minimal text logo style + option to upload custom logo image
- 3 Portfolio options
- Options to change portfolio entries and post image heights
- Various portfolio post styles
- Two blog styles – standard or masonry
- Blog post formats
- Great support from the theme author – done via the ticket site at WPThemehelp.com